Nightly test suite cron job on lots of targets.

Denys Vlasenko vda.linux at googlemail.com
Wed May 12 14:05:17 UTC 2010

On Mon, May 10, 2010 at 2:28 AM, Denys Vlasenko
<vda.linux at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Also, there is scripts/randomtest[.loop] scripts which I use for
> randomconfig build tests. They are not usable as-is, but can be tweaked.
> I will look into it. I think I will tweak it so that it takes
> source directory as $1 instead of hard-coding it as "tree",
> and uses $LIBC and $CROSS_COMPILER_PREFIX from environment.
>
> I do use randomconfig build test fairly regularly, so it should not
> error out - that would be a regression.
>
> Unfortunately, I did not run the testsuite against the resulting build,
> thus there are sure tons of cases when it will fail.

I fixed all false positives and two real bugs which I found.
Now, this runs for 300 iterations without exiting on build
or testsuite error:

busybox.git/scripts/randomtest.loop busybox.git

(assuming busybox.git is a pristine git tree).

You wouldn't want to use randomtest.loop directly in your nightly
test builds, I suppose. Just take a look at its code, and write
something along those lines which suits your environment.

--
vda