mount -t cifs hangs

Piotr Piwko piotr.piwko at gmail.com
Tue Jan 19 14:06:42 UTC 2010

Hello,

I try to use the 'mount' command to mount the NFS file system.
Everything is worked correctly with existed NFS server. The problem
occurs if I will try to connect to server which doesn't provide any
NFS share (assume 192.168.2.102). After this attempt, it hangs and
only sending the SIGINT signal can help. Please consider following:

[root at netradio /]# mount -t cifs //192.168.2.101/nfs
/sdcard/netradio/mnt -o user=piotr,pass=piotr --verbose
^C CIFS VFS: Error connecting to socket. Aborting operation
[root at netradio /]#

If I not send SIGINT it will hang.

Is it a known issue? How can I get the connection error instead of
this suspension.

I use BusyBox v1.13.3 with Linux 2.6.29.4 kernel.

Thank you in advance for engagement.

--
Piotr Piwko
http://www.embedded-engineering.pl/