Adding keymaps with busybox.

walter harms wharms at bfs.de
Sun Aug 8 14:54:20 UTC 2010

Michael D. Setzer II schrieb:
> I have the g4l project that uses busybox, and was just asked by a user how
> to have it use a swiss german keyboard??
>
> The rcS file has an line that was comment out long ago by a previous
> maintainer of the project that has the line.
>
> #/sbin/loadkmap < /var/lib/kbd/keymap.map
>
> As far as I can tell, the g4l has never had that directory, so I am assuming
> this was copied from somewhere else. I would think that one would only
> need to find the correct keymap.map file, and load it with the busybox
> loadkmap which is built into the busybox, but I don't seem to be able to find a
> location for these keymap.map files?
>
> G4L is a console only boot cd, so it is just console keyboard mapping.
>
> It may also be something that needs to be done in the kernel builds, which
> are the straight kernel.org kernels.

I did not try for years and never with busybox (sorry guys) but the way works like this:

$ dumpkeys  >mykeymap
now fix your keymap to reflect the specials
§ loadkeys <mykeymap.modified

alternativ is to look at
/usr/share/kdb/keymaps/i386/qwertz/
in a linux distribution an use that file.

please post when you solved that problem using bb.

re,
 wh