flash_eraseall incompatible with 2.6.31.6 (stable)

John Williams john.williams at petalogix.com
Fri Nov 27 05:15:15 UTC 2009

Hi,

After upgrading my kernel to 2.6.31.6 (latest stable), flash_eraseall
refuses to compile:

/busybox/busybox-1.14.3/miscutils/flash_eraseall.c:15:28: error:
mtd/jffs2-user.h: No such file or directory

[snip subsequent breakage]

The issue is that include/mtd/jffs2-user.h has gone away.  The kernel
commit comment which removed it erroneously claimed that mtd-utils is
the only user.

A quick hack to flash_erase.c to include linux/jffs2.h instead fails,
due to missing cpu_to_je16 and cpu_to_je32 definitions (they were
previously defined in jffs2-user, among other things).

I didn't hack further, wondering if anybody else has seen this and
maybe there is already a patch that I've missed?

Thanks,

John
--
PetaLogix - Linux Solutions for a Reconfigurable World
w: www.petalogix.com  p: +61-7-30090663  f: +61-7-30090663