mdev usbdisk hot plugging issue

Vladimir Dronnikov dronnikov at gmail.com
Wed Nov 11 09:26:05 UTC 2009

> However, i have a similar _hotplug script to create symbolic links to
> event* devices in /dev/input/ .This does not work is the system is
> booted with the input device connected, whether or not evdev is compiled
> as a static or dynamically loadable module

hotplug events for plugged-in devices are fired at kernel boottime,
and you have no chance to process them, since there is no mdev at
kernel boottime. You need so called coldplug helper, which replays
hotplug events you missed at kernel boottime. The simplest is to "find
/sys -name uevent | while read I; do echo add >$I; done". But this can
take time.

Try and report.

--
Vladimir