use Kconfig instead of config.in

Mike Frysinger vapier at gentoo.org
Mon May 11 16:51:05 UTC 2009

On Monday 11 May 2009 05:48:54 Thomas Chou wrote:
> Will the config.in system be changed to Kconfig in the future?
> So that we won't need to run the config.in-to-kconfig.sh script
> in order to build in uclinux-dist every time.

yes we would ... the config.in-to-kconfig.sh script isnt just a simple rename.
it has to change the option names in the process so that it can be included
into the uclinux-dist without clashing with other names.

the name of the script doesnt imply that busybox itself is not using properly
kconfig properly ... it is already 100% kconfig.
-mike