ctrl+c problem under msh

Denys Vlasenko vda.linux at googlemail.com
Wed Jun 3 17:44:51 UTC 2009

On Wed, Jun 3, 2009 at 5:28 PM, wilbur.chan <wilbur512 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> > I looked up the code of vfork in kernel 2.6.21.7 , but can't find
>> > where the condition is .
>>
>> the problem is in msh, not the kernel.
>>
>> the answer is still the same: msh isnt supported, use hush.
>> -mike
>
> Thank you very much, but I really have to solve this problem,because we have
> some products  using msh.
>
> well,could you please give me some links refer  to  this bug? (vfork)

It's unclear what are you trying to achieve. Do you want to fix
msh bug(s) yourself? Then all you need is to look in msh.c,
diagnose the problem there, decide now to fix it, implement
and test the fix.

If you want busybox developers to fix msh, then tough luck.
We already fixed the problem, but the problem was really
that we had three different shells. Fixing all of their bugs
isn't easy, and isn't a good way to spend limited resources.
So we decided to fix/improve one of those and declare
other one "dead". msh is "dead" one. I think hush is mature
enough for all msh users to migrate to it.

--
vda