fbsplash - text rendering

Michele Sanges michele.sanges at gmail.com
Mon Jan 12 20:30:19 UTC 2009

This patch for the fbsplash applet, adds the ability to render text
messages on top of the displayed image.

The sintax for the new option is the following:
echo write:this is the message to print > fbfifo

By means of the fbsplash.cfg file it's also possible to specify the
position, the color and the size of the text displayed.

I also attach a font map file, to use with the -m option if you don't
want to compile the applet with the hardcoded fonts.

Oh yes, the patch is the same I have sent three or four times last year
:-) I hope to be more lucky.

Regards.

--
Michele Sanges