Question about busybox telnet command

Max aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa dishragwhore at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 19 22:24:04 UTC 2009

Hi All,
      I use a theatrical lighting control software called Lightfactory (www.lifact.com), which has a telnet server feature that allows you to control the software remotely.  It works fine on every windows and ubuntu machine I've ever used, but not on my Android G1 phone on which I have busybox installed.

I can log into the Lightfactory server with the busybox telnet command, and I can see the commands posted by the software or from other devices, but when I try to send a command, nothing happens.  However, if on another computer I then hit the Enter key, the command or whatever else I've typed in is executed.

So it seems like the Enter key on my phone is not doing the same thing as the Enter key on another machine--is there a special keystroke or something I need to append to the end of the line to get the telnet server to see the command as executable?  Or a mode that I can enter?

Thanks for the help, I'm definitely a linux neophyte but I'm excited about all the possibilities Busybox on my phone opens up.

Max