busybox Digest, Vol 45, Issue 14

Denys Vlasenko vda.linux at googlemail.com
Thu Apr 9 20:50:34 UTC 2009

On Thursday 09 April 2009 13:51, Harald Küthe wrote:
> Hello Guenter,
> I only managed to mount a cifs share with the following command:
> <mount -t cifs \\foo /mnt/share -o user=$XXX,pass=$YYY,unc=//name/path>
> Note that the unc option must be present here.

Likely stupid question.

# echo mount -t cifs \\foo /mnt/share -o user=XXX,pass=YYY,unc=//name/path
mount -t cifs \foo /mnt/share -o user=XXX,pass=YYY,unc=//name/path

# echo \\name\path
\namepath

As you see, '\\' is special for shell, and if you tried \\name\path
then mount was surely confused - it saw \namepath.

Did you try using //name/path instead of \\foo?
Or \\\\name\\path?

--
vda