take over kernel baudrate for getty

Stuart Hughes seh at zee2.com
Mon Apr 6 09:20:44 UTC 2009

Hi Guen,

FWIW, I wrote a hack to busybox to do this a while ago, you can find it
here (it's part of LTIB):
http://www.bitshrine.org/gpp/busybox-1.11.2-getty-nobaud-1.patch

The way I use it is to have the following entry in /etc/inittab:

# see busybox-1.00rc2/examples/inittab for more examples
::sysinit:/etc/rc.d/rcS
::respawn:-/sbin/getty -L console 0 screen
::ctrlaltdel:/sbin/reboot
::shutdown:/etc/rc.d/rcS stop
::restart:/sbin/init

The full spec file for the busybox I use (which is 1.11.2) can be found
here:
http://cvs.savannah.gnu.org/viewvc/*checkout*/ltib/dist/lfs-5.1/busybox/busybox.spec?root=ltib

Maybe there's a nicer way of doing this?

Regards, Stuart