Invalid options segfault?

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Tue Nov 4 12:30:20 UTC 2008

On Tuesday 04 November 2008 02:48:37 Denys Vlasenko wrote:
> On Tuesday 04 November 2008 08:09, Vladimir Dronnikov wrote:
> > So did 'uname -X' when I used ./configure under mini-native.
>
> Doesn't happen here, but I still build against old-ish
> static uclibc here. What is mini-native?

It's built by my Firmware Linux project.  It's a minimal native development
environment based on busybox and uClibc, which boots and runs under qemu.
You can compile stuff natively in it for various targets (arm, powerpc, mips,
etc).

Source:
http://landley.net/code/firmware
Prebuilt binaries built against the uClibc and busybox nightly snapshots:
http://uclibc.org/~landley/fwl

Might be a busybox+uClibc issue, or a "busybox building under itself" issue.
It seems to die rather than print out the help, possibly the "make compressed
help" step is failing and the busybox build doesn't notice?  I'll poke at it
tomorrow.

(This is probably why I was getting the segfaults with cmp while
running ./configure on binutils.)