BusyBox GPLv2 Compliance

Coleman Brumley coleman.brumley at jandasoft.biz
Mon Nov 24 09:38:47 PST 2008

Hello.

The following are based on points from Rob Landley's "Complying with GPLv2
for BusyBox" post to the BusyBox mailing list on October 15, 1008. The
original message is at
http://busybox.net/lists/busybox/2008-October/033327.html

>A) a description of the product (including the build environment: processor
type, libc version, kernel version)

My company, JANDA Software Co.,  will be selling an embedded Linux platform
that runs BusyBox.  The platform is aimed towards equipment OEMs and other
embedded Linux developers.

The processer is an Atmel AT91SAM9260, currently running v2.6.23 of the
Linux kernel and libc v2.3.3.

>B) identify the specific version of busybox it uses

Our board uses BusyBox v1.13.0.

>C) identify any modifications made to that version (either by linking to a
nicely broken up series of "diff -u" patches on the web, or attaching the
patches to the message, or explicitly saying it isn't modified)

We use an unmodified BusyBox v1.13.0.  The link for our BusyBox source is at
http://www.jandasoft.biz/files/busybox/1.13/busybox-1.13.0.tar.bz2

>D) attaching the busybox .config file you used to build the thing.

The .config used is at http://www.jandasoft.biz/files/busybox/1.13/.config

I've also attached it to this email.

Regards,

Coleman Brumley