inotifyd problems

Vladimir Dronnikov dronnikov at gmail.com
Tue Nov 18 04:42:42 PST 2008

> it's a better way to catch all other weird ways inode can disappear by
> watching specifically
> for IN_IGNORED
>
> Since watching after IN_IGNORED is pointless, exiting after this
> might be useful for largish group of users.

So we should implicitly add IN_IGNORED to the watching mask regardless the
user specified it on not. Then, after we have wait()ed for the agent, we
should check whether IN_IGNORED is in received event mask, and exit if it
is. Right?

Do we need to provide an option for this?

Since the described behaviour is intuitive, it IMHO is better to provide a
cmdline switch to not exit after IN_IGNORED. I'd better just silently stick
to the new "exiting" behaviour.

--
Vladimir