possible bug in mdev (r21557)

Daniel Mierswa impulze at impulze.org
Mon May 26 14:34:08 UTC 2008

On 26.05.2008 14:45, Denys Vlasenko:
> Yes. Please find out what path is passed by kernel to mdev for your device.
> Replace mdev.c with the attached file. It has the following
> debug printout added:
>
> static void make_device(char *path, int delete)
> {
>         /* Determine device name, type, major and minor */
>         device_name = bb_basename(path);
> bb_error_msg("PATH '%s' DEVICE NAME '%s'", path, device_name);
>
> Rebuild busybox, run the boot process and let the mailing list
> know what you see.
> --
> vda

/sys/class/usb_endpoint/usbdev\d.\d_ep\d\d

Can this be related to
#CONFIG_SYSFS_DEPRECATED_V2 is not set
?
Probably the hotplug.txt is not yet updated? Is there anything else I
can provide?

--
Mierswa, Daniel

If you still don't like it, that's ok: that's why I'm boss. I simply know better than you do.
               --- Linus Torvalds, comp.os.linux.advocacy, 1996/07/22