busybox at mips

Thorsten Hirsch t.hirsch at web.de
Thu Mar 13 09:58:02 UTC 2008

Hervé, there is no new link in my root directory.
Walter, uhm... I'm not sure, it's been about a year when I installed the old
version on my nas device. IIRC it was a .tar.gz with the binaries, but it
also might have been an ipkg. Anyway, I did not clear anything, I just
unpacked the .tar.gz or installed the ipkg. And I also didn't clear my fs
yesterday, when I installed the new version. So all the command symlinks in
/bin and /usr/bin to busybox are the same as before ...so now that I
replaced the new busybox binary with the old one, everything should be the
same as before.

A developer of my nas device's open firmware said, that he believes one or
more commands that take place in the boot process don't behave anymore as
they did in the old version. So the boot script(s) need to be modified. But
that does not explain, why my old busybox binary does not work anymore.

I guess you're right - there must be some dangling link since "make install"
of the new version. But where?

Regards,
Thorsten