NFS in busybox? or any NFS solution for embedded?

stanliao at globalunichip.com stanliao at globalunichip.com
Thu Jan 31 11:18:43 UTC 2008

Dear Sir,

The connection is as the followings:

             [device, with HD, runs embedded Linux]
                 ^   NFS? Samba server?

             [Windows]

The disk (HD) is in the [embedded]. The disk (HD) is mounted to the
filesystem of the embedded Linux.

Best Regards,
Stan Liao

|         |           walter harms     |
|         |           <WHarms at bfs.de>  |
|         |           2008/01/31 04:57 |
|         |           WHarms           |
  |       To:       stanliao at globalunichip.com                                                                                   |
  |       cc:       busybox at busybox.net                                                                                          |
  |       Subject:  Re: NFS in busybox? or any NFS solution for embedded?                                                        |

hi stan,
i am not sure that understand your problem propperly. you situation is
something like that:

             [embedded]<---nfs mount --[unknown]
                 ^

             [Windows]

You are using the Embedded Box as Interface to your (unknown) Source. The
point is
why no accessing the device directly. You can get free nfs-utils for
windows and access
the stuff direcly.

re,
  wh