No subject

Wed Dec 17 22:35:13 UTC 2008

/linuxrc and sh is compiled into busybox, it should work correctly.

> I'm pretty sure I'm not the first person trying to do this, so I
> decided to ask for your help. Does anyone here know of a way to solve
> this problem??

I assume you are trying to get the system to dump you onto a shell without
using init (from busybox, of course).  The best way I can think of to do
this is make /sbin/init a shell script (like you were doing) that just
calls /bin/sh. You can also use any other filename, but then you have to
use init=/ble.

But then, are you sure you want to go to all that trouble when you could
just be using init to launch shells?

- Adam Slattery