Operation of more command

Michael D. Setzer II mikes at kuentos.guam.net
Mon Apr 28 02:51:09 UTC 2008

From:           	Denys Vlasenko <vda.linux at googlemail.com>
To:             	busybox at busybox.net
Subject:        	Re: Operation of more command
Date sent:      	Mon, 28 Apr 2008 01:26:09 +0200
Copies to:      	"Michael D. Setzer II" <mikes at kuentos.guam.net>

> > > Me neither. Let's find out. Run:
> > >
> > > cat scriptfile | strace -o strace.log more
> > >
> > > and post strace.log to the mailing list.
> >
> > Not sure what all the stuff means, but perhaps it shows something I need to add to the
> > ramdrive.gz image file.
> >
> > I created a test file with just 1 - 0 a number of times with one per line.
> >
> > testmore.log
>
> Bingo!
>
> > open("/dev/tty", O_RDONLY|O_LARGEFILE)  = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
>
> You don't have correct /dev/tty. mknod it.

That seems to do it.
Just mknod tty c 5 0 in the /dev directory, and then it work.
The image has tty0 thru tty6, and the process uses tty1 thru tty4
in the inittab. That is how it was when I took over the project, and had no info
on the setup, and had to figure out how to build new kernels.
But question is? If using /dev/tty1 as the current terminal, why would /dev/tty
make a difference?

Have updated the build system, and will make the addition in the next build.

Thanks again.

> --
> vda

  Guam Community College  Computer Center
  mailto:mikes at kuentos.guam.net
  mailto:msetzerii at gmail.com
  http://www.guam.net/home/mikes
  Guam - Where America's Day Begins

Number of Seti Units Returned:  19,471
(Total Hours: 287,489)

BOINC at HOME CREDITS
SETI 5,269,727.070797 | EINSTEIN 1,573,038.609732 | ROSETTA
480,077.992597