PATCH: brctl show

L. Gabriel Somlo somlo at cmu.edu
Sun Apr 6 12:08:42 UTC 2008

On Sun, Apr 06, 2008 at 09:19:24AM +0200, Denys Vlasenko wrote:
> On Saturday 05 April 2008 23:10, L. Gabriel Somlo wrote:
>
> NB: "standard" brctl talks to kernel via /sys, not ioctls.
> brctl ioctls are deprecated - for one, they don't work
> in 32/64 mixed environment, and will never work -
> kernel people decided to let it rust. (I agree with them).

I noticed that, but then, in the header of the busybox brctl.c file,
there's this:

/* This applet currently uses only the ioctl interface and no sysfs at
 * all.
 * At the time of this writing this was considered a feature.
 */

So I figured, when in Rome, act like the Romans :)

So, is the consensus that brctl should be rewritten to use /sys
exclusively ?

Thanks,
Gabriel