Kernel thread in a driver: Unable to wake up thread if I quit the dev file and reopen it.

Stephane Cerveau scerveau at awox.com
Thu Sep 13 16:28:09 UTC 2007

Hi,

I'm using busybox 1.1.0 and encounter a problem with a kernel thread in
a char driver.
I have a char driver using a kernel thread awaken(it reads data in a
registry) when it receive an interrupt signal.
When I insert the driver (insmod) and read data in the dev file
(/dev/toto:name of my device), it's working well.
But when i close the dev (quit my app) and relaunch my app. My driver
still receives interrupt but the kernel thread cant be awaken.

The reason I ask this question in busybox mailing list is that it seems
to depend on busybox config. Indeed I have another busybox binary
(1.1.3) where all is working fine. So I tried to update my busybox 1.1.0
to 1.1.3 keeping my old config(I have to keep it) and its also not
working.
So I would like to know if anyone know a config item in busybox which
can interfer with kernel thread or anything close to my problem.
Any answer is welcome :p
Thanks.

Steph