Device driver

Mike Frysinger vapier at gentoo.org
Sat Oct 27 23:19:15 UTC 2007

On Thursday 25 October 2007, Rajeev Bansal wrote:
> Actually I am booting up Linux kernel from a CD using the custom file
> system in which I am using Busybox. I am able to get a bash prompt after
> booting. But I don't have any clue that how my init scripts or kernel
> will insomd the required drivers of the attached hardwares, like hard
> disk, CDROM, ether net  card of my machine. Does Busy box helps in this
> by any means? I need to make a CD which is able to identified most
> common hardwares and insmod their driver.

these are all details left to the user ... busybox doesnt have a part in the
process just like a set of utilities w/out busybox isnt involved

it's up to you to figure out what init scripts to write and how.  i'd suggest
you try contacting the Linux From Scratch project as they document everything
you'd need.
-mike