udhcpc and leases

Jason Curl jcurlnews at arcor.de
Wed Nov 7 12:29:31 UTC 2007

Hello,

I'm looking into getting UDHCPC working again on my x86 embedded PC. If I can't get a lease, I would like to use ZCIP, otherwise use the IP that we were given.

I'm using BB 1.8.0 with a very simple script to just print what it's supposed to do. I've also enabled debugging for udhcpc. When udhcpc gets a lease from the DHCP server it exits immediately.

# udhcpc -s ./udhcp.script
-> deconfig
-> bound
entering none listen mode
# _

So while I haven't provided the -q option, it's still exiting after getting the lease.

When reading through the source code I find:

int udhcpc_main(int argc, char **argv)
{
        if (opt & OPT_q)
                client_config.quit_after_lease = 1;
}

but I don't find where "client_config_quit_after_lease" is initialised to 0.

What happens when the lease expires? How am I supposed to renegotiate a new lease?

Thanks,
Jason.

Viel oder wenig? Schnell oder langsam? Unbegrenzt surfen + telefonieren
ohne Zeit- und Volumenbegrenzung? DAS TOP ANGEBOT FÜR ALLE NEUEINSTEIGER
Jetzt bei Arcor: günstig und schnell mit DSL - das All-Inclusive-Paket
für clevere Doppel-Sparer, nur  29,95 €  inkl. DSL- und ISDN-Grundgebühr!
http://www.arcor.de/rd/emf-dsl-2