Unable to bring a ttyAM console

Praba Rajah praba_rajah at yahoo.com
Mon May 7 16:22:52 UTC 2007

Hello,

  I am trying to telnet from my PC ( Win XP os) to my target-board ( ARM + Linux + Busybox).

  I couldn't able to bring a getty console.

  If I set to spawn a getty in "inittab" file

  " ttyAM1::respawn:/sbin/getty 38400 ttyAM1"

  I am getting following error message continuously when target board is booting

"Can't open /dev/ttyAM1: No such device or address
process '/sbin/getty 38400 ttyAM1' (pid 1346) exited. Scheduling it for restart."

  I am using Busybox 1.5 and linux 2.6.17 and ARM.

  What am I doing wrong?

  Praba