hush on NONMMU for active shell

Denis Vlasenko vda.linux at googlemail.com
Fri Jun 8 08:16:22 UTC 2007

Hi Rob,

On Wednesday 06 June 2007 23:10, Bernhard Fischer wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 06, 2007 at 04:56:33PM -0400, Mike Frysinger wrote:
> >On Tuesday 05 June 2007, Denis Vlasenko wrote:
> >> I want to have NOMMU test environment. I really do.
> >
> >would a free Blackfin board be OK ?  you can find prebuilt toolchains and
> >bootable images with every release so you wouldnt need to build your own, you
> >could just compile busybox and rcp it to the board and test it
>
> Either real or emulated hardware where it is possible to test
> combinations of noMMU and soft-float (the latter should not really be an
> issue since it should be doable to trap on FP instructions in qemu, but
> of course i didn't look at this yet) would be nice to have indeed.
>
> Not being able to test this stuff is awkward in many ways.

Rob, judging by http://landley.net/notes.html you do a lot of cross-compiling
to different CPU arches and are playing with qemu.

Can you give me an advice what arch(es) is(are) suitable for
building and testing busybox for NOMMU arch.

At least which NOMMU arches
1. Are supported by qemu 0.9.0
2. Have mostly working support in binutils and gcc

Availability of a known working example of qemu image for an arch is a plus,
but isn't critical. If there is no such thing on the net,
I will try to build a kernel for it and make my own.
--
vda