mdev once more

Alex Kums alex_x1980 at tut.by
Thu Jul 5 12:08:01 UTC 2007

Hi guys.

I cann't force mdev to work. My rootfs has a static /dev filesystem, and I
want to test how does mdev work.

I did as docs/mdev.txt suggests, after logging in with the following
script:

# cat /mnt/mkdev

#!/bin/sh

echo "Mounting sysfs"
mount -t sysfs sysfs /sys
echo "Echoing hotplug"
echo /bin/mdev > /proc/sys/kernel/hotplug
echo "mdev -s"
mdev -s

echo "Mounting /dev"
mount -t tmpfs mdev /dev
echo "Creating /dev/pts"
mkdir /dev/pts
echo "Mounting pts"
mount -t devpts devpts /dev/pts

# /mnt/mkdev
Mounting sysfs
Echoing hotplug
mdev -s            # this takes few seconds
Mounting /dev
Creating /dev/pts
Mounting pts

# ls /sys
block    class       firmware  kernel     power
bus      devices    fs            module
# ls /dev/
pts
# ls /dev/pts
#

There are no files in /dev and /dev/pts! Why ? My kernel is 2.6.20, and it
of course includes CONFIG_SYSFS, CONFIG_SYSFS_DEPRECATED and
CONFIG_HOTPLUG. Maybe I'm missing something ? :)

Thanks.

Spam from tut.by goes here ==>

-------
Собрались в отпуск? Поиск туров - ТУТ: http://tourism.tut.by