Closing: On lease/pid-file for udhcpd/c

Mats Erik Andersson mats at blue2net.com
Mon Jul 2 09:49:43 UTC 2007

mån 2007-07-02 klockan 00:11 +0200 skrev Denis Vlasenko:
> On Sunday 01 July 2007 21:56, Mats Erik Andersson wrote:
> > sön 2007-07-01 klockan 18:41 +0200 skrev Denis Vlasenko:
> >
> > > BTW, udhcp code needs more love, that's for sure.
> > >

> > Gauntlet and challange taken! All the more since I will
> >
> I tried to address some of those in recent commits.
>
> Returning to pidfile problem... where it happens?
> --
> vda

I will work on a pidfile patch this afternoon, since I
for various reasons had to build a new buildroot instance
on which to try the code alterations.

On the other hand, a quick check concerning the type in_addr
demonstrates that the headers of glibc 2.3.6 as well as
uClibc 0.28.3 uses uint32_t for in_addr, it is only the manpages
that are seriously outdated. Another quick glance in the
udhcp-directory of Busybox-svn indicates that it is only
dhcpc.h and dhcpc.c that are suffering from the use of 'long'
for 'uint32_t' in ip-addresses. I will begin to review and
alter those parts of the code and produce a patch to correct them.

Let me declare this mail thread for closed. New subject next time.

Best regards,	Mats E A