stop ignoring initramfs in df ?

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Thu Feb 15 21:44:15 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 14 February 2007 8:00 am, Mike Frysinger wrote:
> so i started to add a df build option, "ignore initramfs mount", that would
> control the hardcoded filter in df.c for the "rootfs" mount ... idea being
> that in embedded/bootable systems, it is common to run right out of the
> initramfs rather than switching over to a "normal" root
>
> however, i cant decide whether this warrants an actual build option ... the
> trade offs are that in the desktop case, you'd never want to see the rootfs
> output ... but does controlling literally 2 lines of code offset this ?

Look at the df I did in toybox.  I filter out overmounts (which hides
initramfs if something's mounted over it but doesn't treat it specially), and
I filter out mount points that have a total capacity (not free space) of zero
(which nukes things like /proc and /sys).

> -mike

"Perfection is reached, not when there is no longer anything to add, but
when there is no longer anything to take away." - Antoine de Saint-Exupery