troubleshooting mklibs

Larry Brigman larry.brigman at gmail.com
Tue Feb 6 06:08:34 UTC 2007

On 2/5/07, Denis Vlasenko <vda.linux at googlemail.com> wrote:
> On Tuesday 06 February 2007 02:40, Larry Brigman wrote:
> > This might be a little off topic but it is a problem I am having with busybox
> > and glibc.
> > I know, too many problems linking to glibc but right now I have to fix
> > the problem.
> >
> > The problem,  running mklibs to produce a small sub-set of libraries that are
> > needed on the target system, doesn't always include all the functions that
> > are needed.
>
> What is mklibs?

It is a shell or python script that takes a list of executable to make
small(er) optimized
shared libraries using only the info that the libraries and executables provide.
The python version is a debian package, is used in buildroot and other
systems to
make boot floppies.  I have used it before on other projects and know
that it misses
libnss_files and libnss_dns because of the privated internal link
between glibc and
these libraries but I haven't seen this behavior before.