Different keymaps (??) on my ttys

Alexander Griesser alexander.griesser at lkh-vil.or.at
Mon Dec 3 05:32:24 PST 2007

Alexander Griesser wrote:
> Well, I think I have more details now after my vacation ;)
> It seems as if `login` breaks stuff.

Sorry for followin up on my own posting that often, but I think I
found the cause for this now finally. Somewhere down in getty.c
it says:

------------------------ 8< ---------------------
static char *get_logname(char *logname, unsigned size_logname,
        struct options *op, struct chardata *cp, struct termios *tp)
[...]
            case BS:
            case DEL:
            case '#':
                cp->erase = ascval;     /* set erase character */
                if (bp > logname) {
                    write(1, erase[cp->parity], 3);
                    bp--;
                }
                break;
            case CTL('U'):
            case '@':
                cp->kill = ascval;      /* set kill character */
                while (bp > logname) {
                    write(1, erase[cp->parity], 3);
                    bp--;
                }
                break;
[...]

Which is _EXACTLY_ what I'm experiencing. Is there some reasoning
behind that?

And why didn't I recognize this with future versions of busybox/the
kernel/glibc (still don't know what broke it actually).

ciao,
--
Alexander Griesser (Netzwerkadministration)
E-Mail: alexander.griesser at lkh-vil.or.at | Web: http://www.lkh-vil.or.at