busybox zcip problems

Rohit Chaudhri rohit.chaudhri at gmail.com
Fri Apr 13 03:23:52 UTC 2007

Hi,
I am using busybox version 1.4.1 on an embedded linux system running
kernel version 2.4.20. I need to use zeroconf for configuring ip
addresses on the network interfaces. Busybox version 1.4.1 compiled
for an ubuntu linux desktop works fine for zeroconf, however, when I
use the zcip applet included in busybox on my embedded linux device
(zcip.script is the same script included in the busybox distro under
examples) for zeroconf address configuration, I get the following
error for all the available network interfaces:
 (bnep0 interface below is a bluetooth PAN network interface, usb0 is
a usblan interface)
# zcip -v bnep0 zcip.script
zcip: socket: Address family not supported by protocol
# zcip -v lo zcip.script
zcip: socket: Address family not supported by protocol
# zcip -v usb0 zcip.script
zcip: socket: Address family not supported by protocol

Any ideas why this is happening & how I could resolve this issue?

Thanks,
Rohit