Busybox --> telnetd question

Franklin franklin at goodhorse.idv.tw
Tue May 1 00:54:44 UTC 2007

Praba Rajah's messages:
> Hello,
>
>   I am new to Linux and busybox world.
>
>   I have a target-board with arm processer with linux 2.6.17-rc4 and
> busybox-1.5.0. I want to transfer files to/from my pc to the target-board.
>
>   I can able to transfer files between target-board and PC from
> target-board using busybox "tftp" but not the otherway ( from pc).

If you have ftp server running on your pc, you can use ftpget/ftpput to
transfer from target to your pc.

If you want to transfer files from pc to your target board, you can either run
a ftp/tftp server on your target system, or put lrzsz package on your target
board and transfer files using x/y/zmodem.

>   My telnetd is running in my target board.
>
>   If I telnet from the target board to PC I am getting " telnet: cannot
> connect to remote host( 192.168.x. xxx): connection refused"

Maybe you don't have telnetd running on your PC.

>   If I telnet to the target-board from PC ( using PuTTY), I am getting "
> Connection closed by remote host" window.

Did you set correct connection port (port 23 instead of 22)?

Regards,
Franklin