Explanation of dnsd.conf

Denis Vlasenko vda.linux at googlemail.com
Fri Oct 6 09:51:13 UTC 2006

On Thursday 05 October 2006 22:23, Roberto A. Foglietta wrote:
> Rory Vieira wrote:
> > Tito,

> >>Maybe /etc/hosts?
> >

> > which contains:
> > 127.0.0.1 localhost
> >
> > Side note:
> > I can ping ANYTHING <aka test or testing or whatever I type>
> > Everything is resolving back to the only ip in dnsd.conf
> > even if I ping the hostname of the machine itself it returns 192.168.0.1
>
>   dnsd need this patch.
>   I did not receive any feed back about it
>   Please tell me if the patch was received or applied.

Please do not send mails to vda at ilport.com.ua, I do not work there anymore.

Patch is applied.

If you are a user of dnsd, can you help in testing?

Also, from the code I'd say that logging behavior of this thing
is haphazard: it writes to stderr even after daemonization,
isn't it going to mess up user's terminal? Shouldn't it just dup2()
fds 1 and 2 to logfile? And why it reopens logfile each time
it wants to write something?

Hm... oh no... IT DOES NOT open it because of this:

# grep daemonmode dnsd.c
static int daemonmode = 0;
        if (!daemonmode)

Yes, this is the complete optput of that grep! WTF??

IF you feel brave & want to fix that, here is the current svn version.
--
vda