building busybox with a different uclibc to the toolchain version

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Wed Nov 1 00:04:25 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 31 October 2006 5:28 pm, David Daney wrote:

> > The build works okay, but when I try to boot init just hangs.
> > I tried building busybox statically and when this boots it dies:
> >
> > "init has generated signal 11 but has no handler for it"
> >
> > Anyone have any ideas what is wrong?
> >

> Signal 11 is SIGSEGV.  That it is happening in init is unfortunate as
> that makes it rather difficult to debug.

http://busybox.net/FAQ.html#init

In this case, you can also try a different busybox applet instead of
init.  "echo" would be a good one if you just want to see if you're getting
an expected result.  Then I'd try ls, or a command shell.

"Perfection is reached, not when there is no longer anything to add, but
when there is no longer anything to take away." - Antoine de Saint-Exupery