BASH issue

Paul Fox pgf at brightstareng.com
Mon Nov 6 23:27:28 UTC 2006

 > Hi everyone,
 >
 > So I am trying to build a JVM on a PPC 405EP board using BusyBox v 1.2.1 .
 > The config files for this JVM use bash and from what I have seen on search
 > results , BusyBox does not have Bash.However, I read somewhere that there is
 > a shell called BBSH that would be a smaller version of BASH. Is that true
 > and if so, what features is BBSH missing and how could I get it (my current
 > version of BusyBox does not have it)?

bbsh is under development still, by rob landley.  unless he's
made a lot of progress recently, it's probably far from being
ready to build your jvm.

the most complete shell in busybox is "ash", which you're
probably already using.  depending on the needs of your build,
you may be able to tweak the build scripts enough so that
they work with ash.

and finally, of course, you could try building bash for your
target, and using it directly.

paul
 paul fox, pgf at brightstareng.com