a simple request: apply all outstanding patches.

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Fri May 19 20:17:55 UTC 2006

On Friday 19 May 2006 4:00 am, Denis Vlasenko wrote:
> > Like the list Dennis Vlasenko kindly put together and resubmitted several
> > times
>
> lkml habits. I sent a few small patches there. One needs quite a bit
> of insistence to get a patch through there.
>
> Who _do_ completely amaze me are those Morton-class kernel maintainers
> (aka "firehose drinkers" due to amount of patches they take).

Speculation continues that Alan Cox either is or has a group of about 1000
gnomes in a cave in Swansea reading the LKML and fielding patches.

If my full-time job was busybox, I might be able to keep up with that.  But my
current highest profile item is documenting the automation of tests to debug
networked gdb on mips.  (Not to debug _with_ networked gdb, but a regression
test for gdb itself.)

> > and I STILL haven't made it all the way through yet?
> >
> > Yeah, I need to give him svn access too.  If he applies something I
> > deeply disagree with, I can always clean it up after the fact (or even
> > revert it with an explanation of _why_), but it shouldn't be hanging
> > around unresolved...
>
> I am about to blink out of existence for a few weeks
> (I am going to change my job). I do hope that I will reappear ;)
> Just FYI.

The offer stands.  And I still have your patch directory bookmarked and I'll
take another look at it in time...