a simple request: apply all outstanding patches.

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Wed May 17 20:46:07 UTC 2006

On Wednesday 17 May 2006 7:28 am, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
>   while i realize that the BB maintainers have a lot on their
> respective plates at the moment, i want to make what i think is a
> simple and not unreasonable request:  would you folks *please* process
> the patches that you've received in the last little while?

I'm trying.  Really I am...

>   actually, to be more accommodating, i can make that suggestion more
> flexible -- either apply the patches or explicitly reject them.  but
> *make a decision* one way or the other.

I know the feeling.  The problem is I haven't had time to review them.  I have
a big pile of patches, and they're getting dropped on the floor, and I know
it's bad.  I need to be less of a bottleneck.

Email me privately.  Tell me the login name you want, and file attach a public
ssh key.  I'll set up an account for you on busybox.net, then look at
busybox.net/developer.html to see how to set up svn commit access.

I should have done this earlier, but you didn't ask. :)

>   when i originally joined this list and started making suggestions
> about bug fixes or clean-ups, i was invariably told, "submit a patch."
> fine.  but if i do, i would like it to be acted upon one way or the
> other in a timely fashion.  if it's good, apply it.  if it isn't,
> reject it and say so.

That's my fault, and I'm sorry.

Hmmm...  Dennis Vlasenko probably qualifies too.  Dennis?  You listening?