svn commit: trunk/busybox: scripts

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Wed May 10 17:53:09 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 09 May 2006 7:51 pm, Mike Frysinger wrote:
> On Tuesday 09 May 2006 10:24, Rob Landley wrote:
> > On Tuesday 09 May 2006 7:34 am, Bernhard Fischer wrote:
> > > You, especially as the official maintainer (but just as the rest of us)
> > > are supposed to check if the stuff you intend to checkin actually
> > > works. This is supposed to be done in a *separate* tree where only the
> > > hunks you intend to checkin are applied to a tree which is otherwise
> > > pristine..
> >
> > I'm confused.  For the -stable branch you insist I use svn.  For -devel,
> > you want me to _stop_ using it?
>
> multiple copies of the same repo checked out ... not that hard, i usually
> keep 'busybox' and like 'busybox-clean' side by side

I made a script that anonymously checks out the repository and builds it
(allnoconfig, allbareconfig, and defconfig with a distclean between each)
out-of-tree.  Yesterday I added a call to "make help".

But that only tests what I just checked in (so I can fixup the repository in
the next checkin; I build and test in my tree before checking in but that
doesn't mean the checkin gets everything I needed to), and it doesn't test
everything.

I should make it run the test suite and show me the failures...