add standard vi formatting directives to all source files?

Giuseppe Ciotta giuseppe at telvia.it
Sun May 21 05:50:11 PDT 2006

On Thu, May 18, 2006 at 09:48:57AM -0400, Robert P. J. Day wrote:

>   i notice that some, but not all, BB source files end with the
> editing directives:
>

> /*
> Local Variables:
> c-file-style: "linux"
> c-basic-offset: 4
> tab-width: 4
> End:
> */
>

>   if this is the consensus, i can toss together a patch that adds that
> to all files that currently don't have it and send it offline to rob.
> are there any objections?  is that content agreeable to everyone?

These pages worth a read:

http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/ProjectSettings
http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/DirVarsPackage

I think putting local variables for every file in the tree it's a
non-scalable solution, as we can put them in a single place. With
dirvars.el it's a matter of adding .emacs-dirvars containing local
variable to the root of the project.

Don't know about vi, after all we are all using emacs, aren't we? :)