modprobe and lists

Yann E. MORIN yann.morin.1998 at anciens.enib.fr
Fri May 19 04:35:02 PDT 2006

Hello all!

modprobe is making use of lists, both single- and double-linked lists.
Currently, modprobe is implementing is own list management, when we have
(at least) single-linked list management in libbb.

1) Would it be desireable that libbb implements both lists?

2) "llist" stands for "linked list". Should we add reverse link to that type
   or create "dllist" (standing fo "doubly-linked list") ?

Once these two questions are answered, I'll code that, and submit a libbb
patch.

Next, I'll work these lists into modprobe, and submit a patch.

Regards,
Yann E. MORIN.

| +0/33 662376056 | Software  Designer | \ / CAMPAIGN     |   ^                |
| web: ymorin.free.fr | SETI at home 3808 | / \ HTML MAIL    |  """  conspiracy.  |