svn commit: trunk/busybox: scripts

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Tue May 16 08:53:07 PDT 2006

On Tuesday 16 May 2006 10:38 am, Natanael Copa wrote:
> On Mon, 2006-05-15 at 13:17 -0400, Rob Landley wrote:
> > On Saturday 13 May 2006 3:20 pm, Bernhard Fischer wrote:
> >
> > My testing on the tar coalesce writes patch found what might be a
> > preexisting bug in busybox tar, that I need to track down and fix before
> > I can apply that.
>
> Can I help you to track down this preexisting bug in tar?

I don't know yet if it is a preexisting bug.  It's in an area of code I didn't
touch, but that could just mean I'm passing something stupid to other code.
Haven't had time to look at it for a couple days, but it's on the todo list
for later today...

Tarring up and extracting the linux-2.6.16 kernel tarball triggers it about
halfway through the extract of the resulting tarball.  Easy enough to
reproduce, but rather a long path to get to it through the code...

> > Then I need to review, test, and apply the tar uname/gname patch.
>
> Once the tar coalesce is commited I can submit a new uname/gname patch
> for you (if thats necessary)

Shouldn't be, the changes are pretty well localized.  That's also on the todo
list for later today. :)