svn 15051 broke e2fsprogs build for me.

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Thu May 11 08:39:24 PDT 2006

On Thursday 11 May 2006 1:35 am, Mike Frysinger wrote:
> On Wednesday 10 May 2006 13:30, Rob Landley wrote:
> > Dunno why.  Reverting it fixes the build.
>
> because the more-explicit implicit rule was being overridden and the
> e2fsprogs files werent being compiled with $(E2FSPROGS_CFLAGS)

Ok, I've read the above sentence three times now, and I understand what it's
saying, but I'd just like to reiterate that I hate makefiles.

> does the attached patch work for building out of tree ?

Alas, no.

  CC applets/applets.o
  CC applets/busybox.o
  CC applets/version.o
  AR cru applets/applets.a
make: *** No rule to make target
`/home/landley/busybox/temp/woot/archival/ar.o', needed by
`/home/landley/busybox/temp/woot/archival/archival.a'.  Stop.