glitch with strlen [was: Re: Shells in 1.1.2]

Bernhard Fischer rep.nop at aon.at
Thu May 4 11:25:49 PDT 2006

On Thu, May 04, 2006 at 07:54:28PM +0200, Bernhard Fischer wrote:
>On Thu, May 04, 2006 at 01:02:43PM -0400, Joe Shaw wrote:
>>ok, the default config worked fine, so i guess it's my config...i will
>>put below
>>i'm using gcc 4.1
>>my config will not work with either of the 4 shells
>>running tty gave me "/dev/pts/1"
>>i just realized i'm talking to the rob landley that wrote "How to use
>>initramfs"
>>thank you for that article sir, very useful
>>
>>ok, now my config
>>joe
>
>Sounds like
>http://busybox.net/bugs/view.php?id=847
>
>Please confirm if the patch there makes it behave for you, conceptually.

The patch does fix it for me, without any size changes for the legacy
mode of compiling the source files one-by-one.

I'm not entirely sure how to fix this in a compiler agnostic way unless
i do away with the #undef and adjust all users to use bb_strlen
directly instead of relying on the preprocessor to fix the affected
applets up.

Thoughts?