Mounting NFS on Linux 2.6.x

Andrew McKay amckay at iders.ca
Mon May 1 13:22:23 PDT 2006

Hi,

I'm currently debugging some problems that I'm having with mounting a NFS shares
  on my ARM board.  Whenever I mount a NFS share I get an error that says:

nfs warning: mount version older than kernel

I'm not sure that this is related to the crash as I have found that I am having
a Kernel oops in a function named nfs3_request_init in the kernel itself.

I tried mounting NFS shares with Busybox 1.0.1 and 1.1.2 and had the same
results.  Is the warning message from about the mount version older than kernel
normal for people using Linux 2.6.x?  The Kernel source lists NFS_MOUNT_VERSION
as 6, and in Busybox source the NFS_MOUNT_VERSION seems to be 4.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Andrew