thoughts on reorganizing BB menuconfig structure?

Bernhard Fischer rep.nop at aon.at
Fri Mar 24 08:16:17 UTC 2006

On Thu, Mar 23, 2006 at 06:51:57PM -0500, Mike Frysinger wrote:
>On Thursday 23 March 2006 14:39, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
>>   the biggest problem, i think, is the arbitrary grouping of so many
>> entries under "Coreutils", "Linux System Utilities" and "Miscellaneous
>> Utilities."  some thoughts (some large, some small):
>
>the groupings arent arbitrary, they correspond to the actual upstream packages

I agree with Mike.

To me, it sounds like this proposed shuffling around is only trying to
solve a UI "problem". IMO it doesn't make sense to actually move the *.c
files around, does anyone agree with this?

Would it be easier to just have one central Config.in where we can
change the order of menuconfig at will? This would solve the whole
"move this applet in menuconfig there or there" but would still retain
an intuitive (well, for me at least) assignment from applets to their
known (upstream-)packages in the filesystem.