[Was] Resolving the licensing issues.

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Fri Mar 3 18:44:07 UTC 2006

On Friday 03 March 2006 5:07 am, Denis Vlasenko wrote:
> Another thing. xfree(), xmalloc() etc are rather non-informative:
>
> xfree - free and set to null? or free if CONFIG_FEATURE_CLEAN_UP?

I believe the x prefix means "die rather than returning failure".  We have a
number of examples, xreadlink, xgethostbyname...  So if you use something
with an x prefix, you never have to check for a failure return, it'll do
bb_perror_msg_and_die() rather than return.

The bb_ prefix is utterly arbitrary, it basically means "this is really really
old code".