Resolving the licensing issues.

Erik Andersen andersen at codepoet.org
Fri Mar 3 16:58:04 UTC 2006

On Wed Mar 01, 2006 at 12:26:19PM -0500, Rob Landley wrote:
> I'm sorry you feel that way.  You're the one who said your code
> wasn't GPL.  Busybox _cannot_ take non-GPL patches.
>
> Ask Erik if you don't believe me.

<back from 2 weeks of vacation in Hawaii>

BusyBox is licensed under the GPL.  Patches submitted for
inclusion are implicitly licensed under the GPL unless
specifically stated otherwise.  If patches add code that is
licensed under some other license which is not 100% GPL
compatible, they simply can not be included in BusyBox.

Rob is perfectly correct here,

 -Erik