warning: type mismatch in shell/cmdedit.c

Vladimir N. Oleynik dzo at simtreas.ru
Fri Mar 3 14:38:39 UTC 2006

Paul,

> /home/rpjday/SW/busybox/shell/cmdedit.c: In function
> ‘cmdedit_read_input’:
> /home/rpjday/SW/busybox/shell/cmdedit.c:1453: warning: case label
> value exceeds maximum value for type
> /home/rpjday/SW/busybox/shell/cmdedit.c:1454: warning: case label
> value exceeds maximum value for type
> ... etc etc ...
>
> "c" is declared as unsigned char but the case label values are
> character literals which make them of type int, no?  not fatal, just
> annoying.

Ahh. Robert is right. Without VI mode this problem exist.
Also. I started support UTF-8 mode in cmdedit.
demo variant placed
ftp://ftp.simtreas.ru/pub/my/bb/new
its have problem with VI mode, i do not like this mode
and do not change this code. Help me with this.

Robert. I denied access to SVN now and can`t help to you.

--w
vodz