Resolving the licensing issues.

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Wed Mar 1 20:15:27 UTC 2006

On Wednesday 01 March 2006 12:53 pm, Vladimir N. Oleynik wrote:

> >>A patches with license? Smiles ;-)
> >
> > A patch is your work. As such you can decide what license you publish it
> > under.
>
> My belief practically communistic. These problems with a copyright I at all
> do not understand all.

I agree with the not understanding part, yes.

Do you know why Erik maintained a "hall of shame" page on the busybox website,
and why he put entries in the bug list about Zyxel or whoever it was not
being compliant with the GPL?

> Rob:
> If interested why I have updated a copyright for the "grep" utility?
> Because I actually support with this applet last 2.5 years.
> More nobody expressed desires to correct there problems.

Somebody mentioned a grep problem on IRC...  the day before yesterday, I
think.  The fact it was recompiling the regex for every single line it
matched.  I was looking into it, but I've been traveling for the past couple
days.

I also got distracted by cleaning up the #ifdefs, since in grep.c somebody
turned #ifdef CONFIG_ into #if ENABLE in a bunch of places, which is actually
worse than leaving them alone.  I was going through and turning them into
actual if (ENABLE) guards.

That's what I was doing Tuesday, in the airport.