passwd.c v7

Tito farmatito at tiscali.it
Fri Mar 31 22:34:43 PST 2006

On Saturday 1 April 2006 02:10, Rob Landley wrote:
> On Friday 31 March 2006 4:52 pm, Rich Felker wrote:
> > On Fri, Mar 31, 2006 at 03:06:25PM -0500, Rob Landley wrote:

> You have yet to show a single real world problem anyone has actually
> encountered, and you have yet to provide a single patch.  You've squandered
> the opportunity to talk about what headers are #included from libbb.h now and
> whether any of those should be removed as "just plain stupid" (the passwd
> stuff I'm actually working on removing anyway as part of the big passwd.c
> cleanup, and now I'm curious what netdb.h is for anyway).  But I think
> #include <stdio.h> is pretty darn defensible, and anything you can break by
> #including <stdio.h> is so broken I don't want it anywhere NEAR busybox, so
> your blanket statement of absolutism is counterproductive.

Hi Rob,

Just for you to play with my last version of passwd.c.
I think i've resolved most of the problems you pointed
out last time we've spoken about it and also some
little bugs (at least I hope so).
There remains only the /dev/random
vs /dev/urandom stuff  (and what to do if they
are not available) and sha1 password stuff.

Ciao,
Tito